Friday, April 2, 2010

Wow, This is Awkward...

So... um... how do I say this delicately (to myself)...

I never would have made such a big fuss over the project on my blog for all the world* to see if I had realized that only A CERTAIN NUMBER OF PROJECTS were going to be voted on. I don't think I'm being biased in saying that that's not really fair, and maybe someone should have said the number up front. Like, maybe, 24 finalists will be picked and votes will decide who wins from that? If that had been written, I probably wouldn't even have entered the contest. "Entries will be posted in the order they were received." to me, that means all entries will be posted. Am I just an idiot to think that? "The best projects will be chosen and posted," could mean 100 projects are posted, how do you even define "best" and shouldn't you say how many will be determined as the "best"? I'm sorry I talked up my project to you guys as much as I did, because I'm pretty embarassed to be honest. (You may be saying, "So why are you blogging about it if you're embarassed?" Because I talked it up so much that I have to, really, otherwise I'm sure you'd wonder what happened with the contest.) But hey, apparently this was not an amateur contest and I'm not cool enough to be a finalist. Not gonna lie, pretty sure my project was better than at least some of those projects. I'm not going to name them because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but if you went over to the blog I'm sure you'd see what I mean. Anyway, yeah, I'm pretty bummed that I wasn't picked and pretty disappointed, to be honest, at how this contest was conducted as a whole, but I'll get over it. Just had to share that no voting will need to be done. Thanks anyway.

-C
xxx

*I realize the whole world doesn't read my blog, but because it's on the internet they COULD if they wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment