Monday, April 19, 2010

Beauty Update

I know you're all dying to know what I got at the BARKS sale this weekend but... well, I was busy unpacking all my crap from the weekend last night and didn't have time to upload pics! So next post will be all my fabulous finds, promise. In the meantime...

Um so by the way I dropped way too much money at Ulta when I went not this weekend but the weekend before. Thanks MOH Ryann. Thanks a lot. Oh, and by the way thanks for picking up when I called you from the store. I was in panic mode. Yes, this is how makeup handicap I am. Ulta overwhelmed me. I was scared.
Anyway, I didn't even buy what anyone suggested! I ended up having the makeup chick put a couple things on me, admitting to her my own makeup handicaps, and ended up with Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation. Yeah, I know, I was going for something different, but I was having a hard time going back to full on liquid foundation, and having a hard time committing to just a powder as well. I don't know what it is, powder just makes my face look SO DRY. And hey, guess what! The makeup chick even told me NOT to get Bare Minerals. (What?!) Yeah, you heard me. I know it's all the rage, but she didn't even want to put it on my face. I don't know how, but I'm pretty sure she figured out that I don't like to spend a lot of time on my makeup in the mornings just by a quick glance. Anyhoo - ended up with the Urban Decay foundation (I heart Urban Decay's eye makeup and use it every single day of my life anyway, so was all for their foundation), a foundation brush (who knew such a thing existed?? probably everyone but me...), super shiny lip gloss (HIGHLY recommended by MOH Ryann), and yellow eye shadow. Ok, don't go all "huh??" on me on the last thing. You've surely seen my post on yellow by now, and when I saw the eye shadow I just couldn't help myself because I knew it would go super with my yellow outfits. I have this thing where I like to change my makeup to constantly, and almost exactly, match my outfits. I swear you can't really tell, but I do it. Purple eyeliner + purple shirts, dark blue eyeliner + navy mascara + navy shirts, green shadow + green shirts... trust me, I'm not a freak, nor do I look like one (at least not as far as makeup is concerned), and, no, you don't have to call "What Not To Wear." I'm good, I promise. I just like to match.

Oh, right, so I should probably tell you that so far I love the foundation! It may take a little longer to put on in the morning, and I need to get into a bit of a different routine instead of just doing my makeup on the train (oh, I'll still do the rest, but I'm talking doing foundation at home, the rest on the train), but I love the final product. AND I'm falling truly, madly, deeply in love with the most recent facial cleanser I bought at LUSH (Coal Face). It's just... so... um. Well, the girl at the store described it as making you feel squeaky clean and that really about sums it up to be honest! See, this is what I wanted! To fall in love with products I couldn't live without. THIS is how you create a regimin my friends. Unfortunately you all already know that, so I'm really just talking to myself.

-C
xxx

PS I bought a Shake Weight this weekend! The first time I used it it took about 3 miniutes before my underarm flabby area was sore! That means it's working to me! It says it's not sold in stores, but I totally bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond (where everything that's "Seen on TV" is sold) with a $5 AND 20% coupon. Go me.

1 comment:

  1. Cyndi - That is great! I love Ulta, have one around the corner from my house. I am in there about every other weekend. I do use Bare Minerals and love it, it's the only one that really matches my skin tone. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete