Thursday, May 27, 2010

FA Update

FA = Farmer's Almanac, for those not paying attention :) Anyone care for a FA update?

About a month ago I wrote a little bit about the Farmer's Almanac, and how I pretty much think it's a load of crap. Don't get me wrong, I WISH they weren't! But, the fact is, no one can predict the weather from that far out. They can only use historical information to guess.

Here are the dates I chose, locations, and the date range and predictions from the FA.
May 8th, Kansas City, MO: May 5-8: Sunny, then t-storms, warm
May 14th, Philly: May 9-17: A few t-storms

And what happened?
May 8th, Kansas City, MO: CHILLY, and no rain in sight! Very sunny, just chilly.
May 14th, Philly: Super nice out for the whole day, then thunderstorms in the evening.

So there you have it folks. The FA was sort of right for the 14th, but almost completely wrong for the 8th. I'm still sticking with not going by their predictions. I'd rather do my own prediction that it will not rain and will be gorgeous, 75 degree weather :)

If you do care to check out the FA, maybe just for some piece of mind, they even offer a whole page for wedding planning! http://www.almanac.com/content/wedding-planning-wedding-weather-sunset-calculator-tools-and-tips The only thing I will rely on the FA for is the sunset time: http://www.almanac.com/sun/rise/PA/Philadelphia/2010-09-18.

-C
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You have a San Diego girl coming who always brings 75 degree sunny weather!

    ReplyDelete