Wednesday, August 3, 2011

SMBHD - Mocks My "Special" Running Approach

He doesn't even read my blog, so he doesn't know about this.

My BH goes to the gym, like, all the time. So usually when I run, he's already there, and when I get back, he's still there. Point is - he doesn't usually see me getting ready for my run and never sees me actually run since I refuse to run with him.

Why do I refuse to run with him? Every time he gets back from running he tells me about who he "beasted" on the trail. I wonder if these people know they're racing. He swears they do and they're in on it, too. I'm not so sure. I can't say that I've ever known if someone was trying to race me. Probably because I don't run fast. But anyway, that's why I don't run with him. Everything is a competition with him, and he's a much faster runner than me, so running together would not be a good thing for our marriage!

On the other hand, he refuses to run with me, too. Philly has like 1,800 runs every year - 5ks, 10ks, walk/runs, marathons, etc. I've done the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure before (5k), and would like to do something similar again because it's for a good cause, and it's about my limit to be honest. He REFUSES to do anything under 10k because it's "not worth it". Lol. What a running snob!!

Ok back to the matter at hand. My troublemaker of a BH mocks my running.

Randomly last week he started telling me I run like a grandpa. Remember, he does not run with me, so I guess since I told him I don't run fast, he now thinks I run like I'm 80 years old (and male). I don't even know how this came up, but it did. And of course he kept saying it, because he's a troublemaker like that.

I went running on Sunday when he had already gone to the gym for the day and I put my sunglasses on as I was leaving the house. It was mid-day, super hot out, and SUPER bright out. Sunglasses were necessary. He told me I looked like I should be in the Matrix. Then kept saying, "Bye Keanu Reeves! Keanu, have a good run! HAHAHAHA!" Did I mention he loves laughing at his own jokes? But ok for real, I have two options here - I wear my sporty sunglasses, or I wear my normal sunglasses. My normal sunglasses are like Mondo huge and A - would look stupid while running B - would leave me with huge white spots surrounding my eyes from any color I get.

Anyway, I'm posting this today because we're going to be in England tomorrow! And hopefully his mom and aunt will yell at him for making fun of me while we're there. :)

-C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment