Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wife Chop

In case you're unaware, a "wife chop" is when, after getting married and usually having grown one's hair for many many months for the big day, the now wife basically just goes crazy and chops off all her hair. Ok maybe not that extreme, but a lot of times it involves chopping one's hair off by, at least what she'll consider, a lot. I like my hair long, so I didn't think I'd get the urge to do it, but it all of a sudden hit me the other day that I know what I want my wife chop to be! It's not going to be super drastic, but I feel like I haven't had a "styled" haircut in a while, if you know what I mean. So without further ado, I give you, my future wife chop.

The Rachel. Yup. THE Rachel. Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. It even has its own wiki. Kate Moss and Emma Watson have even gotten them in recent years. I mean, you know it's cool when other celebrities get it. The Rachel may not be as popular as it once was *cough* I totally had one in 7th grade *cough*, but it's still around, and, personally, I think it still rocks.

So, done and done. I'm not chopping off all my hair, but I can't wait to have a fun new 'do. Anyone else getting a wife chop?

-C
xxx

3 comments:

  1. I got "The Rachel" once but forgot in order for it to look good I had to actually take time every day to style it. Yeah. I am also doing the wife chop after YOUR wedding. But not super short-just something with style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, yes I will be wife chopping. Been wanting to cut it for a long while now, so post wedding, medium hair Bonnie, not short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had long hair for most of my adult life, I will soon be 40, and have had the urge for awhile to cut it to my shoulders....the rachel seems perfect!

    ReplyDelete