Monday, August 16, 2010

My Rack

Anybody in the market for a garment rack? No? Just me? Oh well, I feel the need to scream from the rooftops now that I found a good one. Or at least type it on my blog. As you probably know, I moved recently. As you also may know, my FH lives in London. So, that means I'm setting up our entire house. I'm pretty sure he's MORE than ok with that. Anyway, it's a 3 bedroom place, and I told him he could have the closet in what will be our bedroom, if I get the entire room next door. :) So basically I'm turning it into one big walk-in closet. I call it my "getting ready room" but totally need something catchier. Any ideas? Anyway, the getting ready room does not have a closet, so I've been going through some trial and error with garment racks.

Take one was one of the metal adjustable ones from Bed Bath. Just a basic one, but looked sturdy enough (to me). When we put all my clothes on it (Bridesmaid Amanda helped me put it together), it leaned, BIG TIME. Like at an unnatural angle. So I went out and bought another (take two), bigger one that cost a bit more. Bonnie helped me put that one together. Seemed all well and good, until I went upstairs and found it in a HEAP (and broken, to boot). I set the other metal one back up (take three) and put a LOT less clothing on it. Still leaned. I tied it to the wall, but decided I'd go check out Ikea anyway. I was planning on biting the bullet and buying one of those big wardrobe things that I knew I'd never be able to move again. I found a metal garment rack instead, and I hope I'm not speaking too soon here (fingers crossed!!), but it looks as though take four was a success!! I can even go in and grab the bar and push it a little and it doesn't seem to be loose or swaying or ready to collapse or anything!! So, Ikea, in the past I haven't been your biggest fan, because I like my furniture old and sturdy (I get most from thrift stores, and that's the way I like it. They don't make things like they used to!), but I give you credit on this. Your Portis rack is my savior.

Ikea Portis Rack


In case you're wondering, it's made of steel and has a very "wrought iron" look to it, which I love! Looks like I don't have to find places to fold some of my clothes after all - they may just all fit! This thing is STURDY. I also bought the matching "hat rack" to hang on the wall and put purses or something on.

Ah organization. Ah being able to find my clothes again!!

-C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment