Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Estate Sale RECAP

As you know, we had the estate sale this weekend. It was a lot of work, but we got rid of a LOT (even though there's still a lot left...). I definitely feel better about things going to a good home. Although I don't really want to think about what's going to happen to the stuff that's still there...

We all seemed to have our things we were reluctant to let go of. Mine were these two large dolls Meamaw always had out in the living room dressed up for whatever season or holiday it may be... they were Cyndi and Megan (me and my cousin), and they've been around for most of my life. I was the one who sold them, and even carried them out to the woman's car. That was hard, but I knew I didn't really want them and I'm glad someone actually took them and we didn't have to get rid of them some other way. AOB hated them (she says they freak her out) and probably would have gladly taken them to the dump! Or set them on fire or something. Lol. I'm only half kidding...

Anyhoo - I thought I'd share a few pics I forgot I had. This'll give you an idea of the borderline (or not so borderline) hoarding going on here. These pics were taken in 2008 right after my Meamaw died. You can see her love of dolls... and other things.

Garage

Back Porch


Doll Room


More Doll Room

Meamaw's Bedroom

More Bedroom

Oh, right... did I mention it SNOWED for the second day of the sale?? In Maryland? At the end of March?? It didn't even snow up in Philly/NJ last weekend! Well, I guess that's because my mom brought it down with her. We woke up to a winter wonderland on Sunday morning.


We pretty much thought we were doomed, since we got about 3 inches of snow, but it cleared up around 11am and we had a ton of repeat customers who had been by the day before who came back, and a couple of newbies, too. I guess you know you've got good stuff if people come back for a second day, right??

And since I'm still alive and typing, you know I didn't bring that much stuff back so my hubby didn't kill me.

-C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment