Friday, July 9, 2010

Empty Nest Syndrome



Ok so like I mentioned the other day, I'm still working on the US portion of my invites. I think I have about 20 completed now, so only another... 37 to go. Yikes. I'm going to be an invitation making machine this weekend. Well, when I'm not laying by my mom's pool. Orrrr... while I am. That's a good idea! Hmm... until the dog (Boston) shakes herself all over my hard work. Yeah, she likes to swim. And shake water all over you.

Anyway, today the UK portion of my invites went out. Not gonna lie, it was hard to see them go! I guess technically I let them go a few days ago when I gave them to FH to take back to London with him, but still. Now they're actually in the mail and people are going to see them! No more fixing the ribbon, fussing with the way things are lined up or cut. No more last minute design changes. It's done. People are going to see them now! And I guess my biggest fear is people are going to think they look like crap :( Yes, they are handmade... by me. Yes, I (and FH a little bit) cut every piece of paper and each piece of ribbon and hand glued it all together. My thing is that I guess I just don't want people to think it LOOKS handmade. Even though it is. Does that make sense? Just like I loooove to bargain shop, as long as the things I buy don't LOOK cheap. Anyway, I'm feeling the first pangs of empty nest syndrome since my babies are one by one flying away to the homes of others. Why is it so hard to let go?! Lol.

No pics of the invites just yet. More or less because I forgot to take any. I'll post them after the US portion goes out - HOPEFULLY next week! If I can get my act together.

-C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment