Monday, March 1, 2010

I Heart Fishing... Line

I LOVE THIS! I've been trying to come up with something unique for where we stand during the ceremony, since there's not really an altar or anything in my mom's backyard. I am totally doing this.

My Sweet And Saucy

It's so simple looking - and simple to do as well! Fishing line + flower buds = easy peasy decor project! I'm even gonna go out on a limb here and say either real or fake flowers would work. Maybe it's just because I'm obsessed with fake flowers (have you noticed? not yet? ok i'll blog about it sometime.), but honestly? With fake flowers you can assemble them ahead of time and just run out and hang 'em in the trees the day before or something. No wilting, no worrying about breaking them either. Who doesn't like projects they can do ahead of time?

Have I mentioned how much I heart fishing line? Fishing line and I are LIKETHIS now. Is there anything fishing line can't do??

At my wedding, fishing line will be...
-holding flower buds (duh)
-how I tied the buttons onto the boutonnieres
-used in some capacity on the corsages I’m sure
-holding up the chinese lanterns
-how the lights I'm making are attached to the chinese lanterns
…and that's only just the beginning! I'm sure I'll find plenty of other uses for it. As long as I'm not actually using it for fishing. That's just gross.

-C
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cyndi - I love the idea! Fake is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty. Whimsical. Great for an outdoor wedding.

    ReplyDelete