Friday, June 4, 2010

Wedding Nightmare


I had my first wedding disaster dream last week. Hm, actually, now that I think about it I guess this is dream number two. I'll tell you about both.

MOB is renovating umm... like her whole house for the wedding. Now, we've already discussed how my family likes to leave things til the last minute... so I've given her a cut off date on all renovations. The cut off date WAS July 1st, but as long as NO NEW PROJECTS (hear me, ma??) are started in July, then the cut off date for these projects to be FINISHED is August 1st. Have I mentioned that the venue for our wedding is my mom's backyard? So yes, I do feel like I have a right to impose certain cut off dates because if these things are being done in the weeks leading up to the wedding... well, I'll probably have a melt down, and we don't want that, do we? Have I also mentioned that no one is going inside the house - it's all outside - but almost all of the renovations are being done inside the house, using the excuse of doing it "for the wedding"? I know, yes, it's great to do things you've always wanted to do to your house. Yes, it will look great. That's not my point. My point is the renovations have got to stop at some point. If you were getting married at a venue you paid for, wouldn't you be freaking out that all the floors were ripped up 4 months before your wedding? I'm not officially freaking out yet, mind you, but stand my ground on the cut offs. My first wedding disaster dream was rather short, but basically MOB ended up getting so frustrated with all the renovations and problems with them that she called me one day and told me she sold the house and was moving to Florida. "Sorry." she said. If you're following, in my dream she just told me she sold my wedding venue, and offered only a "sorry". Lol. Now, she would never do this (she hates Florida), but technically I think that qualifies as a wedding disaster dream. Onto dream number 2.

Last week, while visiting FH, I was getting a little antsy not having any wedding stuff around me. Like I felt almost guilty (yes, to myself) for not doing any wedding stuff while I was away. So every now and then I'd have a mini panic attack that not everything was going to get done in time. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. So I had a dream while I was over there that basically the wedding was the next day and nothing was done and I was devastated. No decorations, nothing set up... it was awful. I keep thinking the wedding's going to sneak up on me (it totally is), but I guess my dream made it a little more literal - as in it was the day I got back from my London trip.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I hear it's pretty common for the wedding disaster dreams to start about 4 months out. Is it true? Sometimes I wish I didn't want to do so much for my wedding, but that would basically require me to be an entirely different person, so that's not going to happen. I love doing the things I'm doing, but I definitely need to get moving!

I am definitely starting to stress. Like, when I saw FH's parents and friends last weekend and they said the next time they'd see me I'd be in a white dress.

!!!

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out...

-C
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You know, I had my first wedding disaster nightmare about a month ago. I can sympathize-- I woke up in a *complete* panic, couldn't fall back asleep, and it's stressing me out right now just thinking about it again lol. So...that's about five months out...I must be a preemie. (<--that looks weird typed out, I don't think I've ever written that word before)

    ReplyDelete