Monday, June 21, 2010

Hairy Situation

Grow hair grow! I suppose maybe I shouldn't have chopped my hair off up to my chin last September knowing I'd want it to be long for my wedding a year later huh? "My hair grows so fast - it'll be long enough!" It's true - it will me long ENOUGH, but I wish I hadn't caved to my cutting urge so it'd be longER. At the moment it's already a little past my shoulders, but I love when my hair's super long and it would've been great to have that length at my wedding. Oh well, not like I can stretch it or anything! And yes I know, I could wear extensions if I really wanted to but I don't think it's necessary since it will technically be long enough. Anyway, I found my perfect hairstyle in my Summer Martha Stewart Weddings mag!



I've had in my head that I wanted something Carrie Underwood would have. Her hair always looks awesome. Plus, I always wanted something half up. And I'm sure my stylist would have done a great job off of just me telling her what I wanted, but I'm so glad I found these pics of a Carrie Underwood-esque style to take with me!

Next up - bridal party hair. I decided I wanted my bridal party to have the same hairstyle, hair length permitting. They're all wearing the same dress, but different shoes and probably different accessories, so I thought it would pull it together more if the hair was all the same. I don't care if they come to the stylist with me, have a friend do it, or do it themselves. It's just a low side bun, nothing too fancy. I don't think that's too much to ask, do you? I got a couple comments that that seems "bridezilla"-y of me. I don't think it is at all. I didn't demand it, I just said that's what I'd like. I don't see how that would really make me a bridezilla. Brides have demanded much more of their bridal party. I like to think I'm being pretty easy going by A- picking a hairstyle that's easy to do yourself or have a friend do if you want B- not forcing people to go to a stylist and spend money if they don't want to and C- if anyone's hair is too short, I've already said we'll figure something out, not a big deal. Anyway, here are a couple pics of what I'm thinking:

haircuthairstyles.com - Scarlett Johansson


shoppinglifestyle.com - Becki Newton

Google Images - Michelle Williams

Bridesmaid Lela already has a jump on this... she did it as her wedding hairstyle! (Yes that awful looking person I tried to cut out on the left is me. TERRIBLE picture of me!)

Anyway, also in Martha's summer issue was a tutorial on how to do a low side chignon. In my eyes, same thing. So bridal party - check it out!

Martha Stewart Weddings
Ok how creepy is this? She looks like she's going to stab somebody.

Also got an email from Daily Candy the other day with a how-to video on the look! Perfect timing Daily Candy! Check it out here http://www.dailycandy.com/all-cities/video/84231/How-to-Create-the-Perfect-Messy-Side-Bun?refcd=email:457432:10.

What do you think of the hairstyles?

-C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment