Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tip 'o The Day - Totally DIY Wedding

*While on my honeymoon I thought I'd share a few tips I learned during the wedding planning process. Recaps coming soon!*

Not gonna lie, our wedding was pretty freaking awesome. However, I'm here today to tell you that having a completely DIY wedding takes a LOT more work than you think. I'm not talking doing decorative projects for your venue. That's a lot of work, yes, but doable. DIY backyard wedding, where you are the coordinator (and since you're the bride as well, unable to be coordinator all the time), and it's your own backyard. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of it, because I wouldn't have done it any other way, but word to the wise - it's a LOT of work, and if you don't have awesome friends like I do, you're going to have a really hard time with it. I would recommend a day of coordinator to anyone and everyone... except myself. I know that's contradictory, but I know that as stressful as my wedding day was (and days leading up to it), I ENJOYED it immensely. But that's just me. That's because I LOVE this stuff. Executing an event and paying attention to all the tiny details is what I do well. It's what I love. It's my thang, if you will. But for anyone else for whom it's not, get a coordinator. You won't regret being able to relax on your wedding day. I went for hair and nails, but couldn't relax because all I wanted to do was be back at the house doing things with everyone. I was told over and over that night how wonderful everything was, and I truly do think it was great, but there were things that didn't get done because I wasn't there to do them and no one else knew they were to be done! I can't thank all of my helpers enough. I wouldn't have been able to make my vision happen if it wasn't for them. Just wait til I show you pictures of everything they did! I have awesome, amazing friends. Anyhoo, that's my tip 'o the day.

-C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment