Monday, November 15, 2010

Recap Time: The Ceremony (mush version)

After our first look shots we came back to the house and I didn't know what to do with myself. We had run a little late, so everyone was there. I knew they'd see me eventually, and I was dying to go outside and look at everything, but I hesitated for a few minutes. I didn't know if I should go out and let everyone see me! Eventually I realized that it wouldn't get started until I did, though, lol. So out I went. My grand entrance:

Tim's uncle and cousin are amazing violinists and they were so great to play for us during our cocktail hour, and then to learn the songs for the ceremony. I LOVE violins. LOVE. And they played beautifully! We all walked down the aisle to Portuguese Love Theme (from the movie Love Actually, check it out here), and back up after being married to God Only Knows and All You Need Is Love (both were also featured in Love Actually, one of our favorite movies!).

Getting the ceremony started was a little unorganized. Since we had pre-ceremony cocktails first around the pool, then the ceremony was in a different part of the yard (with the reception in yet another part of the yard). So, it was kind of difficult to get everyone to the different areas in a uniform fashion. It was kind of like ok we're lining up now... maybe you should go sit in the chairs? Yes, this is where I could have used a DOC (Day of Coordinator), I'll admit it. I don't regret the way things like lining up and moving people from one part of the yard to the next worked out, though. I think it made everything more casual (and also provided some humorous moments).

I walked down the aisle with both of my grandfathers, which made me so happy! I love having pictures with both of them. I realized halfway down that I was so concerned with tripping that I was staring at the ground (probably made for GREAT pictures!)! Oops. Tip 'O The Day - Look up as you walk down the aisle!



My boss and friend Molly, got ordained online to officiate at our wedding (so now she's Minister Mol), and she wrote the perfect ceremony for us. It was just the right amount of mush and humor. I laughed a lot! Which probably kept me from crying (but not Tim, LOL).

Tim "got something in his eye"... and I handed him my hankie.

After she read what she had written, we had a "wine ceremony" and then did vows. We wrote both the wine ceremony and the vows (and borrowed some parts from other weddings we found online) and this is what we came up with for the wine ceremony:

This wine represents both the bitter and sweet moments in life. The years ahead will consist of happiness, joy and love, but there will also be moments of sorrow, grief and disappointment. In sharing this wine, so may you share your lives, including not only the good, but the bad moments as well. May you find life’s joys heightened and its bitterness sweetened, because you experience them together.

(Bride and groom drink from a glass of wine.)

This wine is symbolic of the pledges you have made to one another to share together the fullness of life. As you drink from this cup, you acknowledge to one another that your lives, until this moment separate, are now one. Drink now, and may the cup of your lives be sweet and full to running over.

and for the vows:

With this ring, I take you with all your faults and strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and turn to you when I need help. Whether the days that come are happy or sad, I will live them with you. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.
Tim's dad asked us after the ceremony if he could throw confetti. Of course! Confetti's fun! Plus, it made this awesome picture! (So glad Gary, our photog, was standing right there!)

Next up: Recap Time: The Ceremony (details/decorations version)

-C
xxx

All photos with watermarks were taken by our awesome photographers Hughes Fioretti Photography and those without were taken by family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment