Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Random Ramblings of the Week 10/24

I was in DC for a hot minute yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I walked 80 miles yesterday. I'm pretty sure my legs are going to fall off. I'm pretty sure I need a leg massage. I'm pretty sure you don't care.

There was a guy on my train yesterday who sounded exactly like Nucky Thompson. If you don't know who that is, watch Boardwalk Empire. If you don't watch Boardwalk Empire, watch Boardwalk Empire. I purposefully didn't look at him so I could make believe it was Nucky. I guess that's kind of weird.

He also refused to sit down and just loitered by my seat neighbor's seat for half the train ride. You paid how much to stand for 2 hrs?? Idiot. Plus he and my neighb were like scientists or engineers or scientific engineers or something and their conversation made me feel like the blonde chick on The Big Bang Theory. Don't get me wrong, I love that show, but I don't love being Penny in real life. Their conversation was painful, their engineering jokes were not funny, and they were not geek cute like the guys on the show.
via Google Image search

Fantasy football is dead to me. It seriously has been so unfair to me this year it's not even funny. It has passed the "funny, haha, I'm losing every game but trying to be a good sport about it" point. I don't want to talk about it.

Even when I tell Tim this, he's like, "Aww, don't give up." And then I say, "I'M ONE AND 6 AND LOST TO SOMEONE WHO HAD ONE PLAYER ON A BYE AND TWO ON INJURED RESERVE, BUT DON'T GIVE UP??" and then he's like, "Ok... so I'm doing really well this season. My team is awesome. I beat this guy and this guy and, boom, I'm going to take my dad down this week." And them I'm like, "Do you remember the conversation we just had where I said fantasy football is DEAD to me? That doesn't mean I want to hear how well YOUR team is doing." and then five minutes later it happens all over again.

Tim has been getting up before the sun comes up for the past couple weeks in order to go into work and make up his hours (taking days off to visit with his friends, leaving early to go to AC, etc.). I have no idea how he does it. I would die if I did that every day.

As much fun as it is having his friends visit, we're both very much looking forward to November. We're calling it our relaxation month because the only things we have planned are a concert and Thanksgiving. NO PLANS IN NOVEMBER. That needs to be our motto. I think we should just hibernate for the whole month. It's funny because this summer we were looking forward to October, since that's when all of our traveling was supposed to end and we could have a normal weekend at home. Um, yeah. October has been crazy. Nov...em...ber... al...most...here...

Speaking of November being almost here. Where has 2011 gone? I'm just finally getting used to writing 2011 instead of 2010 on things and now it's almost time to start writing 2012?? Crazy. Also, I've been Christmas shopping since, like, April, but we only have a few more weeks to shop! We do, not you. I basically have to be done and wrapped by December 10th, when we have Christmas with my mom, because this year is England Christmas year and we leave December 18th!

Also, I can't even fathom the fact that I just got done decorating for Halloween and Tim is going to kill me when I want to start decorating for Christmas over Thanksgiving weekend. I normally try to resist the urge until December 1st, but it looks like we're going to be in DC that weekend, and there's no point in decorating December 17th if we leave the 18th, is there?? Tim convinced me to have a fake Christmas tree for our England Christmas years (every other is the plan) instead of a real one. I GUESS he's right about it making more sense. Seeing as how we'll be gone for quite a while and a real tree would die without us there to water it... I'm going to miss the real tree smell, though. And I refuse to buy this.

-C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment