Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Future of This Blog


(Note: I wrote this post prior to Grandude's passing, but postponed it for obvious reasons.)

I originally started this blog because A) I love weddings B) I was getting married C) I really had the urge to blog about weddings. I still love weddings, but now I am married and there isn't as much to blog about. I mean, eventually I'm going to run out of advice and stories that are wedding-related. Truth be told, I'm not the first to run into this problem. I follow a lot of wedding blogs (yes, still), and I know a lot of other bloggers who go through this "identity crisis" of sorts. I mean, you kind of almost feel like a fraud. Like, who wants to read about wedding stuff from someone who is already married? My friends, that's who, and that's it. Which is fine. BUT I think one of the reasons I haven't blogged as much lately is because I kind of felt like a fraud. I have tons of things I wish I could blog about, but aren't wedding-related. So... tell me, would it be so wrong of me to just make this into a not-always-wedding-related blog? Sure, I'll still post wedding stuff from time to time. Weddings interest me. Like, they actually do. I say it all the time, I love that sh#t. I know plenty of people out there who are like "weddings... yay..." and I'm like "WEDDINGS!!! YAY!!!" But I also think in order to keep my blogging going, I want to be able to blog about whatever I feel like blogging about in that particular moment. I've been inspired by this uber funny non-wedding blog lately (that I'm not going to name, lest you decide to judge me). I used to be told I was funny, and I miss that. I like to be funny. I like to make people laugh with my sarcasm and awesomeness, and I think having the freedom* to write about whatever, whenever, would allow the funny to come back. So a minute ago when I asked you if it would be wrong of me to blog about non wedding stuff? We're turning that into a rhetorical question because I'm not waiting for an answer. It's what I'm doing, and you'll like it.

Ok, I hope you'll like it. Please still love me... :)

-C
xxx

*Yes, I am fully aware that I am the one who made this a wedding blog, and that there are no rules that say I can't write about other stuff. I just didn't want anyone to be all "oooh that's not wedding-related, what a fraud". Ok, ok, no one I know would ever say that. I'm just informing you of things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment